To ensure well-being for all is promoted within our school we are planning to develop a wellbeing garden.
With the support of a local company, Willoby Roc’s, we have secured some funding from The Bupa Foundation to help us develop this area. Once it is fully developed, the children will be able to participate in lots of outdoor activities that will contribute to their overall well-being.
Last week the school council met to share their ideas for this area. Here is a list of some of the things they would like:
- A reading area
- Seats made from logs
- A water play area
- A mud Kitchen
- Den building
- A music area
- A drawing area (mud painting)
- A story telling and reading area
- Equipment to carry out bug hunts to spot wildlife and scavenger hunts linked to seasons.
- Games made from natural materials such as tic tac toe
- A shaded area
- An entrance to the garden with a sign naming the area
- An area to grow flowers and herbs
We will try to include as many of their ideas as we can when the work begins after Christmas. We aim to have all the work on this area completed by April and will keep you updated with our progress.
Senior Mental Health Lead